Based on numerous conversations I have had over the past few weeks, and the few I have innocently overheard, I do believe the verdict is in: Torontonians are sick of the winter weather. I, for one, was lucky enough to have a two week reprieve from the cold snowy weather on my trip to Taiwan, but I am still longing for the long days and the warm nights.
There are all sorts of exciting things to look forward to this summer but above all I just want to feel the sun on my skin. Oh what a good feeling!
Also, if you haven’t yet, change your clocks today! One hour ahead.
And this. Maybe next week we will have a reason to be irrationally optimistic!
Some other things I am looking forward to this summer:
– Blue Jays/Toronto Maple Leafs baseball games
– trips to the Toronto Island
– trip out East to Newfoundland (this one is still in the works, but I assure you I will be spilling the deets as soon as I have them)
– getting Old Blue out of storage and going for a ride
– lazy weekend afternoons with my friends spent outdoors. Will this be the summer Xenia finally invests in a bocce ball set? Could be!