Last night I was sitting at the ol’ laundromat watching my socks go round and round when it occurred to me that I had not posted anything for a while on here. It seems that this blog has been following a pattern of
flurry of activity–>nothing–>flurry of activity
which I am not particularly happy about but I suppose life sometimes gets in the way. So what’s been going on over here?
– well laundry for one, duh, didn’t you read what I just wrote?!
– I have been really getting back into yoga (October is the 30 Day Challenge at my studio! I will write a separate post about this)
– I am almost done Anna Karenina, and it makes me sad. I really don’t want this book to end, and now that I am so caught up in the characters the idea of the inevitable tragic fate of …erm…one of them is almost too much to bear. I am pretty sure there will be tears involved
– with this fall weather upon us I have been cookin’ up a storm. First there was lentil/kale/apple stew, then vegan spinach dip for a potluck (it isn’t “fall” specific but I was trés proud of it!), and last night I made a cauliflower/potato/yogurt Indian-inspired concoction which was good, not great, but I have all fall and winter to work on it. I am especially excited to experiment with pumpkin this year. I already have recipes squirreled away for pumpkin butter, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin soups, and many more. PUMPKIN!
– I am very very close to booking my ticket to go see my sister in Taiwan at the beginning of 2013! There is still some outstanding research that I need to get done, but everything is almost in place. Squeeeee!
– and just so we are clear, I have also been spending quite a bit of time lounging around and being lazy. I have been watching the 4th season of Parks and Recreation, old Seinfeld episodes, and over the weekend I watched Lola Versus (thanks JB for the recommendation), which I think is a pretty fabulous movie (trailer below).
I hope that you are all also having a busy and fun fall so far (it technically only began on the 22nd of September so no pressure, you have lots of time to make it great)!